Friday, April 27, 2018

Keep On Keepin' On

I've been here over a week already, so I thought it was time for a few updates:

1. The food has not gotten any better in a year. Thankfully, there is usually Cheerios
available in the pantry. Also - wiser this time - brought in a lot of my own food.

2. Sleeping through the night can be a challenge. My blood pressure normally runs
low, but they like the top number over 100 here in the ol' hospital. So they will get
me up at midnight.  Take the BP. Sit me up. Take it again. Mumble "Hmmmm..." and
then connect me to a bag of saline. Then they will do it again a few hours later. Not a
big deal overall, but can be frustrating.

3. My room has a lovely view - there is a large Maple tree right outside, and I am able
to watch Spring unfold (such that it is this year). It also brings in some sunshine. Rumors
are that I may be able to go sit outside in a little courtyard once the sun comes out. That
would be nice.

4. Chemo is finished. I would love to say "for forever" but don't want to tempt the Evil Eye. It's
done for now. I did pretty well with it, and oddly, feel better than I have in months. There
was something not right, and the chemo seems to have washed it away.

5. Still getting platelets and other support blood, but not at the alarming rate as before I
was admitted. The big day will be when my platelets actually increase in number - has not
done that in many months.

6. My other bloodwork looks good. I'm pretty wiped out but that's where it should be.
Docs are happy with it, so I'm happy with it.

7. Biggest News - my Blast of Brenda Booster™ will finally happen on Monday. The
hope is that those extra cells from my sister will finish off the job of the chemo and
destroy this disease forever. Both sisters, Brenda and Colleen, will be sleeping over on my
floor - pajama party! - since the proceedure begins early in the morning. It should not be
too taxing on anyone (I hope!!!) I am so grateful to these two strong women who have
my back always. They say a triangle is the strongest shape. I like to think that with the
three of us together, we can be invincible.

8. Brenda put together a prayer circle chain - hopefully you read about that. It's to give
strength to her cells and strength to me. If you have a few minutes on Sunday night
about 7pm Eastern, 4pm Pacific time, just send us some healing energy in whatever form
works with you. I do believe in the power of that energy and it's ability to heal.

In the meantime, I'm here - just keepin' on. If all goes well, I'm over 1/4 done with my stay
already. And I feel good.  Counting all the small blessings!

8 comments:

  1. What a great post! Feels very positive Carin!! Praying for you daily...some days multiple times!! Our God is an awesome God!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this! This time feels perfect. 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting my alarm for Sunday 1600 Pacific. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Setting my alarm for Sunday 1600 Pacific. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got this! This time feels perfect. 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your strength never ceases to amaze me, Carin. Feeling very positive about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and prayers coming your way for a full recovery.
    The Flyte family

    ReplyDelete
  8. thinking only the most positive, supportive & healing thoughts now and at 7P EST. xo to you from all of us (Me, Lisa, Hannah, Sam, Meesh Meesh and Cali) - that is a lot of healing power and a little bit of fur.

    ReplyDelete