Friday, May 26, 2017

Home

This morning, I woke up in my own bed. In my own house.
With my own family.

I almost thought I was going to be kept an extra day or two. I had
an upset stomach and wanted some medicine to make it feel better.
Because upset stomachs are one of the kinds of Graft Vs. Host disease
(more on that later) I had to take a test before they could approve
the medicine. This was in the middle of the night. I awoke to find
Warning! signs all over my door. People had to gown up again. Instant
panic from me. Luckily, the test results came back early and came
back negative.

I was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and did not
even mind the rainy rush hour drive home.

The dog was so excited to see me that he ended up pooping on our nice
newly cleaned carpets.

I had a wonderful evening of just sitting on the couch with my lovies and
watching TV. Don't ever underestimate the simple things in life!

Leaving the hospital, I felt a bit like Richard Gere at the end
of Officer and a Gentleman. After enduring his grueling training
with the Air Force, he was on his way out, when he passed a
bunch of new recruits getting the same hassles his group had. The
circle just continues. I know that my room will be cleaned by tomorrow
and filled with another patient soon therafter. Another life saved.
The circle continues.

3 comments:

  1. So awesome to have you home again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo happy that you're home!! Wishing you rest and recoveryđź’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. H-o-m-e. The perfect four letter word !! Glad you are home !

    ReplyDelete