Thursday, May 18, 2017

Homesick

Today is Day 15. It is Wallow Day. I have been in the hospital 23 days now.
I have about 15 more to go.

And I am homesick.

I miss my kids.
I miss the Hubs.
I miss my pets and all of the noise they make.
I miss my house and my couch and my own bed.
I miss sleeping without being woken up 3 times a night for someone to jab at me.
I miss the cacophany that comes with living with 3 other people.

And I miss being outdoors. Spring has come and it is now hot, and I have not
been outside to experience any of it.

I would like food that tastes good.
And I would like to see the inside of more than one room every day.
I would like to give my family and friends a big hug and not have it
be separated by gowns and gloves.
I want to walk around without Diana, my trusty pole, following me everywhere.

Today is Day 15. Wallow Day.

Tomorrow will be Day 16 and will be one step closer to getting out of here and coming
home. 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Carin. You have more behind you than in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all miss you lots and lots as well! At least the kids and I have the privilege of visiting you, unlike the pets. Can't wait to have you home again Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete