Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Meet Ivy

It's great to finally be home!! However, it will be a good while yet
before my life returns to "normal". And the family is adjusting to me
not doing all of the things I took care of before - laundry, cleaning, cooking,
driving them places. I think I am having a harder time adjusting than
they are.

One of the biggest changes for me is that I am still hooked up to an IV at
home. Meet Ivy - my new, petite little pole and tiny pump. She's smaller
than Diana, my huge pole in the hospital, but it's good for home.




I have to get IV Magnesium for at least a month. The transfusion takes four hours.

So for 4 hours every day, I am attached to my pole and pump. I can make it
down the one stair into the family room, where I normally nap during transfusion
time. But I can't go upstairs or outside while hooked up. This will take some
planning on my part. Do I need anything upstairs? Have I showered? Gotten dressed?
Do I have everything I might want for the next 4 hours? Is the dog walked?

It's not too bad overall. Little Ivy makes a little bit noise but it is not so much that I cannot
nap.

So when you come to visit me, just don't be alarmed that there is an Ivy next to me. She's
harmless!

3 comments:

  1. It's nice that Ivy keeps you company during those 4 hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Ivy, go! Sending you love today and every single day, you amazing and inspiring woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pole!!! Not so bad. I hope you just keep getting less restricted.

    ReplyDelete