Thursday, February 23, 2017

Musical Beds

It's been a tough first week at home. I've adjusted to life outside the Penn fine.
But the Hubs has been terribly sick, starting on day 3 of my release. So I've been sleeping
in the guest room, which has helped keep me safe. Also, there has been a lot of surgical mask usage going on. And we have Purell and Lysol in practically every corner of the house.

But this sleeping in the guest room has confused the hell out of our pets. They just
got used to me being home and in the big king sized bed and now I am located down
the hall in a tiny twin.

The dog is especially upset. He likes to spread out. He has spent the time I was in the
hospital either with Mark in the king, or with Sophie, in her queen bed.  He jumped
up on my tiny bed, took a look around, got down and started whining. He has finally
settled on sleeping on the floor next to the bed, but he sighs all night long. He will
also run up and down the hall going from the king bed to the queen bed and then come
into the guest room and look sad.

Our cat, Pumpkin, never ever comes into the master bedroom to sleep with us. But he's
decided that the small twin bed is just right for him, and he hogs the entire bottom half
of the bed. And will not move. He's a moose of a cat and if he decides he wants to be
someplace, that's where he'll stay.

Poor Pippin is used to sleeping on my head on the big king sized pillow. I have a
standard sized pillow in the guest room and it's not big enough for her Royal
Highness. So she sleeps next to the pillow, which means when I turn over, I get a
mouth full of fur.

Max usually sleeps at the foot of my bed. This is so that if I get up sometime in the night,
he can mooch for treats. He's vigilant that way. But there is no way he will degrade himself
by staying on a tiny bed. So instead, he has parked himself in the hall right outside the guestroom door.
That way, if I get up in the middle of the night, he's ready for his handout. Did I mention that
he meows very loudly?

Hopefully the Hubs will be feeling better soon and I can return to my normally scheduled
bed. I just hope it does not confused the pets again!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet- what would we do without the pets. I love them for their sensitivity...! Thank you for this post :)

    ReplyDelete