Thursday, February 2, 2017

Blindsided

The docs told me on Saturday that I would be sure to have some bad days.
I totally expected that. However, it was Saturday, and I was feeling great!
Walked over 6000 steps, climbed on the stepper, felt a-okay. Was even enjoying
the food! My bad days would come, but not yet!

Ah. The hubris of mankind.

About 4am Sunday morning, I woke up with chills and a 102.7 degree fever.
I had some sort of infection, causing anyone to visit me to gown and mask up.
In addition, my blood pressure had dropped to very low levels, causing the docs
to pump in more fluids. The extra fluid, combined with lack of movement, caused
pneumonia.

Well. If you are going to contract pneumonia, a hospital is a good place for that. It took
a few days, but I am now feeling much better - still getting lots of antibiotics, but the
fluid is out of my lungs, and I am actually eating a bit. Also puking a bit, but that's how
it goes around here.

I hope to get rid of the oxygen canula by tomorrow. And people can just visit as they are
without looking like extras on Grey's Anatomy.

So - lesson learned - when they tell you there will be bad days, expect them sooner than
later. But also know that the docs will do what they can to minimize the bad days. They
don't want me sick either.

I still don't have a ton of energy to answer everyone's emails or comments, but please know
that I read them all!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're well enough to post. Hoping more good days, and fewer of the bad days they warned about. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping today is a bit better for you. It took me awhile to figure out how to access the blog easily from my phone. I love your writing. Your annual Family update is one of my favorites! Sending prayers of healing out to the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. You mean we don't have to look like deranged ducks anymore when we visit? Guess we can live with that ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete