Sunday, February 5, 2017

Tilting the Lens

I have spent much of my life worrying about many useless things.
One thing that I worry about now is what kind of legacy am I making
for my kids? Will they look back at their childhood and just think, "Oh.
Mom was sick a lot".  Will this experience mar their lives much?  Will it
make them wish our life was more "normal"?

But then I think, what if I tilt the lens? What if I look at this from a different
angle. Like turning a prism until the light that comes out is not white, but rainbow.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of my children looking back and seeing an ill mother,
they will look back and see a warrior. Someone who faced some crappy news more
than once and did not crawl into a hole. Who came at it straight on and said, "It's
okay to be frightened, and it's okay to be angry, and it's okay to think this is totally
unfair. But let's figure out how to get through this". I think this is what I want them
to remember from this experience. How to deal with life when life just plain stinks.

And I hope that if I can continue to just tilt that lens a bit, I can continue to look
at the hopeful side of things.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Keep your warrior light shining strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carin...they will also see your gift for writing...keep up all of it...being a Warrior, Writer and great Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carin, you have turned your lens into a Kaleidoscope! Well crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo, stay positive, stay focused, & stay you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carin, you are an awesome example of strength, courage and grace under pressure, not only for S & E, but for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carin, you are an awesome example of strength, courage and grace under pressure, not only for S & E, but for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking about you often. You are eloquent writer and a beautiful person. Love, Debbie Buch

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifully worded and true. I think they will just be so proud of you and will marvel at your courage and strength. Keep on blogging sister! Great stuff. ❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carin - Your words are inspirational. You are a model of beauty and grace. Bob and I send you our love and prayers.
    Barbara and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carin - Your words are inspirational. You are a model of beauty and grace. Bob and I send you our love and prayers.
    Barbara and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carin, We think you are and your children see a powerful person with tremendous spiritual beliefs and support. Together, we along with good Drs. can do anything. Stay the course and you will prevail. We have nothing but complete confidence in the outcome. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Ed & Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a powerful way to view this. Tilt the lens...we can apply that to so many situations. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete